Synopsis of Town Commission Meeting
May 15, 2022
Mayor Castro called the meeting to order at 7:31 p.m. The invocation was given by Vice Mayor Balius followed by Commissioner Otterson leading the Pledge of Allegiance.
In attendance were Mayor Castro, Vice Mayor Balius, Commissioners, Longtin, Otterson, and Garretson. Also present were Town Manager Jason Nunemaker, Town Attorney Betty Resch and Town Clerk Carol Simpkins.
General Public Comment:
- For Approval:
- 2. Commission Meeting Minutes of May 1, 2022
- 3. Commission Workshop minutes of May 9, 2022
- 4. RESOLUTION NO. 20, 2002
A RESOLUTION OF THE TOWN OF LAKE PARK, FLORIDA, EXECUTING A DECLARATION OF TRUST OF THE VANTAGE TRUST COMPANY TRUST AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
- 5. RESOLUTION NO. 18-2002
A RESOLUTION OF THE COMMISSION OF THE TOWN OF LAKE PARK, PALM BEACH COUNTY, FLORIDA RECOGNIZING VFW POST 9610 AND THE LADIES AUXILIARY FOR THEIR SERVICE AND DONATION AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE
- 6. RESOLUTION NO. 19-2002
- 7. Reversal of reappointment of William Reitz to Code Compliance Board
- 8. For Acceptance and Filing:
- Planning & Zoning Board Meeting Minutes of April 1, 2022
- Marina Development/Control Board Meeting Minutes of April 4, 2022
- Letter of resignation from Education Advisory Board from Maysel Stewart
- Monthly Reports: Library, Community Development, STRIKE - Palm Beach County Sheriff, Community Affairs, Public Works, Fire Department
- Approved and accepted
AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWN OF LAKE PARK, FLORIDA, AMENDING CHAPTER 14 (MISCELLANEOUS OFFENSES AND PROVISIONS), REPEALING SECTIONS 14-33 THROUGH 14-44, REPLACING SECTION 14-32 WITH THE ADOPTION OF THE PALM BEACH COUNTY ORDINANCE PERTAINING TO ALARMS; PROVIDING FOR SHORT TITLE; PROVIDING A SAVINGS CLAUSE; PROVIDING FOR THE REPEAL OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT; PROVIDING FOR CODIFICATION; PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
- Second Reading
- 10. ORDINANCE 15- 2002
AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWN OF LAKE PARK, FLORIDA, AMENDING CHAPTER 9 FIRE PREVENTION AND PROTECTION BY AMENDING SECTION 9-1 TO PROVIDE FOR THE ADOPTION OF PALM BEACH COUNTYS LOCAL AMENDMENTS TO THE FLORIDA FIRE PREVENTION CODE AND REPEALING SECTIONS 9-2 THROUGH 9-4, SECTIONS 9-8 THROUGH 9-11, SECTIONS 9-23 THROUGH 9-28, SECTIONS 9-35 THROUGH 9-38 AND SECTIONS 9-41 THROUGH 9-45; PROVIDING A SAVINGS CLAUSE; PROVIDING FOR THE REPEAL OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT; PROVIDING FOR CODIFICATION; PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
16. Morris Building site plan
Meeting adjourned at 10:55 PM.